The following final activation steps are intended for the iPhone iOS devices.
To turn the phone on, press and hold the Power key.
Swipe the screen to the right.
Tap the preferred language.
Tap the country or region.
Tap the preferred Wi-Fi network.
Note: If there are no Wi-Fi networks available, tap Use Cellular Connection.
If prompted, enter the selected Wi-Fi network Password, then tap Join.
Tap an option for Location Services.
Place your finger or thumb on the home key to set up Touch ID.
Otherwise, tap Set Up Touch ID Later.
To create a passcode, enter a six digit passcode.
Re-enter the passcode to confirm.
Tap an option for Apps & Data.
Enter the email address that is associated with your Apple ID, then enter the Password.
Read the Terms and Conditions, then tap Agree.
To add a card to Apple Pay, using your phone camera, position your card within the frame displayed on the screen.
Alternatively, enter the card number manually by tapping Enter Card Details Manually.
Otherwise, tap Set Up Later in Wallet.
Tap an option for iCloud Keychain.
Note: If prompted, tap Continue.
Tap an option for Siri, Apple's virtual assistant.
Tap an option for Diagnostics.
Tap an option for App Analytics.
Tap Choose a View for Display Zoom.
- STANDARD is the normal display setting, and fits more on the screen at once.
- ZOOMED shows larger text, buttons, and controls.
Tap a display option, then tap Next.
Tap Get Started.
The phone is now ready for use.
Note: If hands free activation fails, update data profile:
Update the data profile
If this is not the first time activating your device, or hands free activation did not complete successfully, update the data profile.
- From the home screen, tap Phone.
- On the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap Call.
- Tap OK.
The following steps will allow your phone to send and receive MMS messages between your iPhone and other non-Apple devices
1. Ensure that "Can send picture and video messages" is enabled in the Device Settings
2. Restart your phone
If MMS messaging still isn't working on your phone, run a profile update:
· Connect to a Wi-Fi network
· Tap the phone app
· Dial # # 873283 #
· Tap Call
· Tap OK
· If update is successful Service Update Complete message will appear after about a minute - tap OK
If mms messaging still isn't working on your phone, run a factory reset:
If you've tried all of the steps above and your phone is still not activated, you'll need to run a factory reset.
2. Tap the Settings app
3. Tap General
4. Tap Reset
5. Tap Erase All Content and Settings. Enter your passcode if prompted
6. Erase iPhone
7. Erase iPhone
8. The phone will reboot and you will be prompted to set up your phone again, which you can do as a new device or restore it from a previous backup in iTunes or iCloud.