If you're having trouble getting a data connection on your phone, here are a few quick and easy troubleshooting tips that might get you up and running again.
1. Check that data is available in your area
If you're roaming, data won't be available. To make sure that data is available where you are, plug your address into our map and check your data coverage.
2. Confirm that your phone number is active.
If you're able to make calls and send/receive texts, then it's probably a good indicator that your phone number is active, but if you have voice and text disabled, you may want to check your account and make sure that your number is active.
3. Confirm that data is enabled on your phone.
If you've got a feature phone, you can check that data is set to "on" here:
Settings > Others > Data (or Data Settings) > Data
If you've got a Android, iPhone or Windows phone, confirm that data is enabled on your phone as per the images below. To find the data setting on your phone, the pathways below will work in most cases:
· Android: Settings > More > Mobile networks > Mobile Data
· iOS: Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data
· Windows: Settings > Cellular > Data